OTIP/Edvantage Always on Contest Rules and Regulations
Enter this contest for a chance to win a cash prize of $500 and a Grand Prize of a vacation of your choice from Flight Centre.
One of six (6) prizes of $500 cash and one (1) Grand Prize of a travel voucher from Flight Centre valued at $5,000 are available to be won.
The OTIP/Edvantage Always On Contest (the “contest”) begins at 12:01 a.m. EST on September 26, 2016 and closes at 11:59:59 p.m. EST on August 31, 2017 (“Contest Closing Date”). No purchase necessary. Interim draws for the $500 cash prizes will be made throughout the time of the contest. For the schedule of draws and corresponding prizes, see the section below titled, “Winner Selections/Draws”. The name of the winner from each draw throughout the term of the contest for the $500 cash prize will be reentered into the contest for the Grand Prize but will not be reentered into the contest for another $500 cash prize. The names of those contestants who do not win a prize will remain in the contest until a winner of a prize is declared or until the Contest Closing Date, as applicable. Please read the full contest rules and regulations below.
This contest is open to all Ontario education employees who are Ontario residents, active Edvantage members and 18 years of age or older at the time they enter this contest. Employees, directors, trustees and officers of OTIP/RAEO Insurance Brokers Inc., and its affiliated companies 1 (which, individually and collectively are hereinafter referred to as “OTIP”), Flight Centre, the prize selection team, Edvantage employees and members of their respective immediate families and/or anyone with whom OTIP, Edvantage and Flight Centre employees, directors, trustees or officers are domiciled are also excluded.
Contestants must enter their contact information, being their first and last name, and email address (“mandatory information”) before they can be entered into the contest and eligible to win a prize, including the Grand Prize. Failing to complete the mandatory information means the contestant will not be entered into the contest.
Contestants have a second chance to enter the contest by providing responses to any of the four (4) optional information at the time of entry into the contest (only one (1) entry into the contest will be awarded no matter how many responses are provided under optional information): an auto insurance policy renewal date; a home insurance policy renewal date; planned retirement date and/or consenting to receiving promotional emails from OTIP (collectively, “optional information”).
By entering a policy renewal date for either home and/or auto policies and/or entering planned retirement date and entering the contest, contestants agree and consent to having an OTIP customer service representative contact them prior to their insurance policy(ies) expiring, or prior to them retiring to receive a free, no-obligation insurance quote(s) and to discuss insurance matters applicable to them.
Contestants providing renewal dates to insurers or obtaining quotes directly from insurers associated with OTIP and/or Edvantage will not be eligible to enter that optional information into the contest. All renewal dates must be for current, in-force home and/or auto insurance policies.
Contestants can sign up for a free electronic subscription to Edvantage E-News and/or a free subscription to Insight, OTIP’s electronic newsletter at the time they enter the contest. Only one subscription per person per email address per publication is allowed. If the contestant is already a subscriber to E-News and/or to Insight then only one subscription will be sent to the contestant. Contestants who do not wish to receive E-News and/or Insight may unsubscribe at any time by selecting the unsubscribe link in the email delivering their publication or by notifying Edvantage and/or OTIP’s marketing department. Contestants will not receive an extra chance to enter into the contest by subscribing to E-News and/or for subscribing to Insight.
How to Enter
1. Go to one of the following websites before the Contest Closing Date: www.edvantage.ca/entertowin; www.edvantage.ca/pourgagner (collectively, the “contest websites”). Contestants will be redirected to www.otip.com/contest.
2. Complete the online form by entering all the mandatory information to be automatically entered into the contest. Earn one additional chance to enter the contest by completing any of the optional information for a maximum of one (1) extra chance into the contest. Contestants can earn a maximum of two (2) chances into the contest if all eligibility requirements are met. The Always On Contest can only be entered one (1) time. Multiple entries under this rule, whether the contest is entered multiple times under one website or at any time(s) through multiple websites, will be considered duplicate entries to the contest, declared void and the contestant will be disqualified from the contest rendering them ineligible for any of the prizes including the Grand Prize.
Winner Selections / Draws
1. A total of seven (7) separate and random draws will be made for the prizes, including the Grand Prize, from all eligible entries submitted online through any of the contest websites, combined, by each draw date up to and including the Contest Closing Date. Each separate and random draw will take place in Waterloo, Ontario on or about the following draw dates by an independent selection team:
(i) October 19, 2016 - $500 cash prize
(ii) December 21, 2016 - $500 cash prize
(iii) February 22, 2017 - $500 cash prize
(iv) April 19, 2017 - $500 cash prize
(v) June 21, 2017 - $500 cash prize
(vi) August 23, 2017 - $500 cash prize
(vii) September 6, 2017 - Grand Prize of $5,000 travel voucher from Flight Centre.
The winner from one draw for a $500 prize will not be reentered into the contest for a chance to win another draw for a $500 prize but will be reentered into the contest for a chance to win the Grand Prize. All contestants, winners or not of the other prizes, are eligible for the Grand Prize.
2. Odds of winning are dependent on the number of eligible entries received online through any of the contest websites by each of the draw dates for the six (6) $500 cash prizes and the Contest Closing Date. All decisions by the prize selection team are final on all matters relating to the contest. For information on the prize winners, visit Edvantage’s website at www.edvantage.ca and OTIP’s website at www.otip.com.
3. The selected contestant for each draw will be notified by email using the information entered into the contest. If a prize notification notice is returned as undeliverable by email the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner. It is the sole responsibility of any contestant to notify Edvantage’s or OTIP’s marketing department at 1-800-267-6847 or in writing at: Edvantage, c/o OTIP’s Marketing Dept., P.O. Box 218, 125 Northfield Drive West, Waterloo, ON N2J 3Z9 if the contestant changes his or her email address if that contestant still wishes to be included in the contest.
4. To win, each selected contestant for any of the prizes must first correctly answer a time-limited, mathematical, skill-testing question before being declared the prize winner.
5. For the purpose of these rules, the contestant is the person whose name was entered into the contest and (as applicable to the optional information) is the policyholder of the home and/or auto policy. In the event that more than one person is registered on the winning entry, all such persons will be jointly declared winners of the prize. They will then have to decide which one of them will answer the skill-testing question and receive the prize. In case of a disagreement between them, Edvantage and OTIP reserves the right to decide to which person the skill-testing question will be asked and receive the prize.
6. The selected contestant of each draw will be asked for an address to where the skill-testing question, a declaration of compliance with contest rules, a liability and publicity release and their prize can be sent. Prizes will be couriered to the winners. Post office box addresses are not acceptable as courier companies cannot deliver to box numbers. If the winner(s) resides at a country address and/or a rural route address, the winner(s) may be asked for their emergency-locate address or other identifiable information to assist the courier company with the delivery of the prize. The prize will be delivered approximately two (2) weeks after each winner is confirmed save and except for any unforeseen events such as, but not limited to, a weather event, postal or courier strike, flood, fire, war, break out of disease, quarantine. The Grand Prize will be sent to the winner by Flight Centre.
7. If a selected contestant cannot be reached within ten (10) business days from the first attempt at notification, does not respond within ten (10) business days from the date of notification by email, incorrectly answers the skill-testing question, declines the prize or fails to return a release of liability within ten (10) days’ time to Edvantage or OTIP, that contestant will be declared ineligible to win the prize and another contestant will be selected.
8. Entries and the prize claim are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, incomplete, mechanically reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way.
1. This contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, territorial and municipal laws and regulations, is void where prohibited by law and is governed by Canadian laws and the laws of the Province of Ontario. If any provision of these rules is found by any court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable, all other provisions will remain in full force and effect.
2. By participating in this contest, the contestants agree to be bound by these rules and regulations.
3. All decisions of the prize selection team are final and neither OTIP nor Edvantage shall be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the contest including, but not limited to, the contestant’s information (whether it be mandatory information or optional information) entered into the contest by any person, including a customer service representative.
1-800-267-6847 or by email at email@example.com. Note: all telephone calls are recorded for quality assurance. Personal information will not be shared with outside parties.
5. The Grand Prize awarded will be in the form of a $5,000 (Canadian funds) travel voucher sent by Flight Centre. The travel voucher is not a credit card. The travel voucher cannot be used to purchase other gift cards or applied to another booking containing another travel voucher. Travel vouchers cannot be resold, transferred for value, or applied to any other account, except to the extent required by law. It is recommended that a travel voucher recipient retains the travel voucher even if there is no balance on the travel voucher for the sole reason that if a refund is processed and owing to the recipient for the cancellation of a travel booking that the refund amount can be facilitated onto the original travel voucher that was used to purchase that same travel booking. It is required that any eligible amount credited to the recipient is processed towards the travel voucher that was originally used to purchase the travel booking that is being refunded. It is thus recommended that even if the balance is zero on the travel voucher, to retain and not destroy the travel voucher for an additional 6 months beyond the purchased date of the travel services. Travel vouchers with a zero balance for more than one year may be deactivated. The travel voucher can be redeemed by individuals over the age of majority of the province of residence that lawfully enter into and form contracts under applicable law. By using the travel voucher, you represent and warrant to Flight Centre that you are such an individual. The travel voucher is a prepaid gift card that can be used for travel booking purchases from Flight Centre. The travel voucher may not be refunded or exchanged for cash, cash equivalents (such as money order or cheque(s)), or credit.
6. Each prize of $500 awarded will be by cheque payable to the winner and is non-transferable and non-exchangeable for cash or any other form except at the discretion of Edvantage and OTIP. The prize cheque must be cashed by the winner within six (6) months from the date on the cheque (not from the date the cheque is received). After the six (6) months have expired, the cheque will be considered stale-dated by the bank and the prize will be considered void. Any winner who attempts to cash the prize cheque or who cashes the prize cheque after the six (6) months has expired from the date on the cheque will be responsible for, but not limited to, any bank fees, interest charges, penalties levied by the bank and the like if the cheque is returned by the bank for any reason.
7. Any and all taxes on the prizes awarded, including income taxes, and any incidental expenses associated with collection of the prize(s), are the responsibility of the winners. No substitutions will be made for the prizes except at the discretion of Edvantage and OTIP who may substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event the contest prize(s) are no longer available to Edvantage and OTIP. All Internet fees, transactional fees, down-loading fees, up-loading fees, accessories, application fees, Wi-Fi costs, roaming charges, costs of programs, long distance charges, travel expenses, mileage and any feature and accessory not expressly listed as part of the contest prizes shall be the sole financial responsibility of the contestants, prize winners and none of the contestants or the prize winners will seek reimbursement for the same from Edvantage, OTIP or from Flight Centre. All travel to and from Flight Centre, at any time, is at the expense of the winner.
8. A prize shall be void if the winner does not take their prize by August 31, 2018. The Grand Prize is subject to rules, regulations, restrictions, terms and conditions and expiry dates set by Flight Centre which all prize winners must abide by.
9. All decisions of the independent selection team are final and binding on the participants in all matters relating to the contest.
10. Edvantage and OTIP reserve the right to withdraw, terminate, suspend, cancel, amend or modify all or part of the contest, in any manner and any rule(s) of the contest, at any time and without prior notice, for any reason whatsoever or if it determines that for any reason the contest cannot be run as originally planned, including, but not limited to, technical failure or corruption, computer virus, bugs, computer, electronic or system malfunction, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or any other factor(s) or cause(s) beyond Edvantage’s control and/or OTIP’s control which in Edvantage’s and OTIP’s opinion compromises the fairness or integrity of the contest and/or affects the administration, security, or proper conduct of this contest as contemplated by these official rules.
11. If, as a result of an error relating to the entry process, entry, entry count, drawing or any other aspect of the contest, there are more potential winners of the prize than contemplated in these rules, there will be a random draw amongst all eligible prize claimants after the Contest Closing Date to award the prize(s).
12. By submitting a completed entry form with the mandatory information, or providing information under optional information to enter the contest and entering the contest, each winner releases Edvantage/OTIP from any and all liability arising out of, or in connection with, this contest and the awarding of any prize, now or in the future. By entering this contest, each winner consents to the use of their name in a format approved by that winner, city and province where they reside, audio/video image, statements, and/or photograph in any related publicity and publication without further compensation, worldwide and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media and social media now known or hereafter devised, including, but not limited to, the Internet, Facebook, Twitter, Linked In, You Tube, Pinterest, SnapChat in any publicity or advertising carried out by Edvantage and/or OTIP, unless prohibited by law.
13. By entering in the contest, the winners agree to sign a form of declaration confirming compliance with the contest rules and regulations and agrees to release, indemnify and forever discharge Edvantage, OTIP, OTIP/Edvantage’s affiliated companies, OTIP’s directors, trustees, officers, employees, the prize selection team and any of their parents, affiliates, agents, and contractors, including advertising and promotional agencies whether for the contest and/or any of the prizes, and their directors, trustees, officers and employees, from any and all action, proceedings, suits, liability, losses, costs, expenses (including legal fees and disbursements), damages, demands and claims of any kind, in respect of anything done by Edvantage and/or OTIP in the performance of their duties hereunder in connection with the contest and/or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize, including without limitation, but not limiting to, any loss, personal injury, death, home or vehicle damage, or claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy that could result from, but not limited to, the awarding or use of the prize by signing an Agreement / Release Form as a condition to and in advance of receiving their prize in favour of Edvantage/OTIP such that Edvantage/OTIP shall not be liable for the use or misuse of the prize. Edvantage/OTIP assumes no responsibility for the participation in the contest or any liability, claims, demands, actions, loss, damage or personal injury that may be sustained. The provisions of this section shall survive the termination of this contest and may be relied upon by the parties hereto at any time.
14. Failure to comply with these contest rules and regulations may result in disqualification from the contest.
15. Edvantage and OTIP are not responsible for any entries that are lost, late, damaged, destroyed, corrupted or misdirected, incomplete, garbled, or delayed by or on any computer, online telephone or technical malfunctions that may occur in the processing transmission or receipt of entries.
16. Edvantage and OTIP are not responsible for any theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; failures or malfunctions of electronic data transmission, telephones, telephone lines or telephone systems, interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections, any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in any transmission or communication; traffic congestion on the Internet or for any technical problem, including but not limited to any injury or damage to the participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in this contest; the cancellation, suspension or preemption of games, injuries or timing errors, electronic or equipment failure or other communication problems occurring in connection with participation in this contest nor is it responsible for any transmission of viruses from the Edvantage website or from the OTIP website to a computer system or if any whole entry system crashes resulting in the contest being cancelled or other problems or errors of any kind whether mechanical, human, electronic or otherwise.
17. Edvantage, OTIP and the prize selection team, and any of their parents, affiliates, agents, and contractors, including advertising, sponsoring and promotional agencies, and their directors, trustees, officers and employees expressly disclaim and shall be held free of all responsibility or liability for any act, error, omission, injury, loss, accident, delay or the neglect or default of any company or person providing any service for the contest, whether through providers negligence or otherwise, or due to epidemic, social or political disturbances or due to any cause whatsoever occurring during the contest and the use of their prize.
18. To address any questions or comments, contact Edvantage or OTIP at 1-800-267-6847 and ask for the marketing department or write to their head office at 125 Northfield Drive West, PO Box 218, Waterloo ON N2J 3Z9 – attention: Marketing Department.
Caution: Any attempt by a contestant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Edvantage and OTIP reserve the right to seek damages from any such contestant to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Contest sponsor: OTIP/RAEO Insurance Brokers Inc. and Edvantage, 125 Northfield Drive West, PO Box 218, Waterloo, Ontario N2J 3Z9. Edvantage is a registered trademark of Ontario Teachers Insurance Plan used by OTIP/RAEO Insurance Brokers Inc. with permission.
1OTIP affiliated companies mean: Ontario Teachers Insurance Plan, OTIP/RAEO Insurance Brokers Inc., TW Insurance Brokers Inc., OTIP RAEO Member Services Inc., OTIP/RAEO Benefits Incorporated and Curo Claims Services Inc.